CANTON, N.C. (AP) —The Avengers may have gained a canine sidekick after a North Carolina family’s dog gave birth to a bright green puppy named “Hulk.”
Gypsy, a white shepherd owned by Haywood County resident Shana Stamey, delivered eight puppies Friday morning. Gypsy’s three-hour labor was going smoothly until the fourth puppy came out as a small but mighty tuft of lime green fur, Stamey said.
“I started freaking out,” Stamey told news outlets. “But everybody was healthy.”
Experts said there’s a normal explanation for the puppy’s coloration — and no, he wasn’t exposed to any gamma rays. Liquid from inside Gypsy’s stomach likely stained the white dog’s fur during pregnancy, Suzanne Cianciulli, the manager of Junaluska Animal Hospital in Waynesville, told news outlets.
Regular baths and daily licks from Gypsy are expected to fade Hulk’s green hue in a few weeks, Stamey said. However, the puppy’s newfound superpower, which the family has deemed an “aggressive appetite,” will likely remain.
- Higher Probability for Above Average Temperatures During the Month of April
- How local jails are protecting staff and inmates
- Belvidere crash sends two people to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
- Illinois Bank and Trust suspending fees on credit cards, loan payments
- 90 year-old woman with coronavirus dies after telling doctors to save ventilator for younger patients
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.