LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A Kentucky man has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say he neglected and starved his dogs, some of which resorted to eating a dead dog.
News outlets report 39-year-old Lamarrick Sanders pleaded not guilty Friday. He’s expected to appear in court Nov. 14 and has been in custody on unrelated charges since May.
Court documents say authorities were alerted to neglected dogs at Sanders’ Louisville home and found four starving pit bull puppies left outside without food or water.
They say there were two nearby adult pit bulls, one of which was dead and “had been partially consumed by the puppies.” The other adult dog was alive, but similarly neglected and dehydrated. The living dogs were rescued and are expected to recover.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.