LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A Kentucky man has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say he neglected and starved his dogs, some of which resorted to eating a dead dog.
News outlets report 39-year-old Lamarrick Sanders pleaded not guilty Friday. He’s expected to appear in court Nov. 14 and has been in custody on unrelated charges since May.
Court documents say authorities were alerted to neglected dogs at Sanders’ Louisville home and found four starving pit bull puppies left outside without food or water.
They say there were two nearby adult pit bulls, one of which was dead and “had been partially consumed by the puppies.” The other adult dog was alive, but similarly neglected and dehydrated. The living dogs were rescued and are expected to recover.
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher
- ‘One of us’: South Asians celebrate Harris as VP choice
- Roscoe store owner stops scammers from preying on senior citizens
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.