WEST MONROE, La. (AP) — Police in Louisiana say they found meth when they did a body cavity search on woman who claimed the drug wasn’t hers and she didn’t know how it got there.
The Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office says 23-year-old Ashley Rolland of Galliano was arrested July 31 on a felony theft charge and possession of a controlled dangerous substance after a man she had been staying with for about a week complained she took about $5,000 off his dresser and left.
Authorities say a female correctional officer found, $6,233 along with “a clear plastic bag” of roughly 1 gram of methamphetamine in Rolland’s vagina. Rolland said it wasn’t hers and she didn’t know where it came from.
Bond was set at $8,000. Jail records don’t indicate if she has an attorney.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.