INDEPENDENCE, Ky. (AP/CNN) — A Kentucky woman who was pouring gas into a child’s motorcycle while smoking a cigarette set herself on fire and was seriously burned.
The woman was flown from Independence to a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday for treatment, WLWT-TV reported. She was using a gas can to fill the tank inside the garage of the Kentucky home, Independence Police Captain Russ Wood said.
Investigators believe the vapors from the gasoline inside the closed garage sparked the fire. It appears to be an accident, Wood said.
The woman hasn’t been identified.
Police warned the public to be cautious when using gasoline.
- LIVE: Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people
- First Lady’s visit to the Stateline – Follow Her Trip Here
- Late-Season Snow/Mix Arrives Tuesday, Freeze Watch Issued
- 7-year-old girl killed, father shot while sitting at McDonald’s drive-thru on West Side
- Otters at Georgia Aquarium test positive for COVID-19
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.