MELBOURNE, Australia (KRON) – Kmart Australia has pulled a children’s bride costume from store shelves after a local mom started a petition calling the costume “beyond inappropriate.”
7 News Australia reports the $6 costume included a white wedding gown and headband with veil for children ages 4 to 6.
A Kmart spokesperson said it “regrets the decision to range the bride costume” and “was not intended to cause offense.”
The retailer apologized and said it had pulled all such products off store shelves.
The change.org petition labeled the costume “offensive” and asked supporters to remind Kmart it hard a “social responsibility” to keep up.
At last check the petition had just over 200 signatures, with a goal of 500.
- Harlem graduate McKinney discusses his decision to put his NFL dream on hold
- Local resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open