MYRTLE POINT, OR (TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE) – An Oregon woman left her boyfriend bruised and scratched after he allegedly “left her dog outside in the rain,” according to a Coos County Sheriff’s Office news release.
Melissa Morris, 38, of Myrtle Point, faces a charge of domestic assault for the New Year’s Eve incident.
Coos County deputies responded to a call around 6:16 p.m. and spoke with Morris’s boyfriend, James, who told them that she had punched him in the face twice.
James had a “marble-sized welt” and a scratch mark on his right eyebrow, according to the release.
Deputies said Morris admitted to punching him, explaining that she did it because he didn’t bring her dog in out of the rain.
Morris was booked on a fourth-degree domestic assault charge at the Coos County Jail.
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras
- Get To Know Hononegah’s Finley Hamilton
- Rockford group helping those in need fights to reopen after being shut down by city
- Retired Winnebago Co. Judge Rosemary Collins reacts to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg