MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A stick shift dumbounded car thieves in Madison Thursday morning, preventing a car theft, police say.
The Madison Police Department says the thieves entered a home on Celebration Parkway by using a garage door opener found inside the unlocked vehicle.
The thieves stole a purse and car keys, and started the car but could not operate it because they didn’t know how to operate a manual transmission.
The purse was found inside another stolen vehicle, which was found in Waunakee.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional