MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A stick shift dumbounded car thieves in Madison Thursday morning, preventing a car theft, police say.
The Madison Police Department says the thieves entered a home on Celebration Parkway by using a garage door opener found inside the unlocked vehicle.
The thieves stole a purse and car keys, and started the car but could not operate it because they didn’t know how to operate a manual transmission.
The purse was found inside another stolen vehicle, which was found in Waunakee.
- Blackhawks stun Oilers; advance to Western Conference Q-finals
- More protesters arrested in downtown Rockford as City Market returns after two weeks away
- Protesters arrested after blocking E. State again, despite warnings
- Kanye West falls 1,300 signatures short to appear on Illinois ballot
- Southwest Airlines no longer cleaning armrests, seat belts between flights