MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A stick shift dumbounded car thieves in Madison Thursday morning, preventing a car theft, police say.
The Madison Police Department says the thieves entered a home on Celebration Parkway by using a garage door opener found inside the unlocked vehicle.
The thieves stole a purse and car keys, and started the car but could not operate it because they didn’t know how to operate a manual transmission.
The purse was found inside another stolen vehicle, which was found in Waunakee.
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen