MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A stick shift dumbounded car thieves in Madison Thursday morning, preventing a car theft, police say.
The Madison Police Department says the thieves entered a home on Celebration Parkway by using a garage door opener found inside the unlocked vehicle.
The thieves stole a purse and car keys, and started the car but could not operate it because they didn’t know how to operate a manual transmission.
The purse was found inside another stolen vehicle, which was found in Waunakee.
- East athletes restore the school’s great tradition in track & field
- Strong Storms Appearing Likely Late Thursday
- Video shows California officer’s daring rescue of man, dog from burning car
- Josh Duggar asks for child pornography trial to be delayed until 2022
- Portland officers resign en masse from squad tasked with protest response