MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A stick shift dumbounded car thieves in Madison Thursday morning, preventing a car theft, police say.
The Madison Police Department says the thieves entered a home on Celebration Parkway by using a garage door opener found inside the unlocked vehicle.
The thieves stole a purse and car keys, and started the car but could not operate it because they didn’t know how to operate a manual transmission.
The purse was found inside another stolen vehicle, which was found in Waunakee.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year