(WTVO) – According to a recent survey, seven percent of Americans believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows.
The study found 48% of respondents weren’t sure where chocolate milk came from. Seven percent thought chocolate milk only comes from brown cows.
That adds up to about 16.4 million people, more than the population of Ohio.
The Washington Post linked the study to past studies that consistently show many Americans have no idea where their food comes from. For example, a study in the 1990s found that nearly 20% of people did not know hamburgers are made from beef.
- Bernie Sanders’ Rockford supporters to open campaign office downtown
- President Trump to hold news conference on US coronavirus threat Wednesday evening
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Rockford holding hiring event this weekend
- VIDEO: Reporter accidentally goes live with face filters turned on
- Get ready to ‘Spring Forward’ on March 8, 2020