(WTVO) – According to a recent survey, seven percent of Americans believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows.
The study found 48% of respondents weren’t sure where chocolate milk came from. Seven percent thought chocolate milk only comes from brown cows.
That adds up to about 16.4 million people, more than the population of Ohio.
The Washington Post linked the study to past studies that consistently show many Americans have no idea where their food comes from. For example, a study in the 1990s found that nearly 20% of people did not know hamburgers are made from beef.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year