(CNN) — A new study from Heidelberg University found that parents tend to become happier in old age than those without children, but only if their children have moved out.
Researchers say it’s because the stress of balancing childcare and work is replaced with a form of social support.
Something they say is crucial to happiness as we get older.
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night
- Illinois to share data of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- These 5 states are most at risk of election-time violence from militias, report finds
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.