ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – Police in North Carolina arrested 41-year-old Julia Crystal Cavaliere and 54-year-old Donald Eugene Lory Jr. after stabbing a victim and then engaged in a 5 hour standoff with police, authorities say.
Asheville Police officials said crews were negotiating with a barricaded suspect following a stabbing early Wednesday morning.
Police officials said officers responded at about 4 a.m. to Woodfin Apartments, located at 15 Woodfin Street, for a reported stabbing.
The victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Mission Hospital, police said. They are in critical condition.
Lory was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and inflict serious injury, while Cavaliere was charged with resist, delay, obstruction.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision