ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – Police in North Carolina arrested 41-year-old Julia Crystal Cavaliere and 54-year-old Donald Eugene Lory Jr. after stabbing a victim and then engaged in a 5 hour standoff with police, authorities say.
Asheville Police officials said crews were negotiating with a barricaded suspect following a stabbing early Wednesday morning.
Police officials said officers responded at about 4 a.m. to Woodfin Apartments, located at 15 Woodfin Street, for a reported stabbing.
The victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Mission Hospital, police said. They are in critical condition.
Lory was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and inflict serious injury, while Cavaliere was charged with resist, delay, obstruction.
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine
- Long Range Pattern Favors Warmer, Drier than Normal Conditions
- Local museums re-open doors to public