(CNN) — If you have a hard time carving a jack-o-lantern for Halloween, you should try doing it underwater.
A creative group of scuba divers competed in an annual pumpkin carving contest in the waters off Key Largo, Florida Saturday.
Nearly two dozen artists, working in teams of two, used dive knives and carving tools.
They were about 30 feet deep near a coral reef.
The big challenge: keeping the naturally buoyant pumpkins from floating away while they carved them.
Two divers from Detroit took first place.
Their jack-o-lanterns showed two eels around a heart.
The winners received a free dive trip in Key Largo.
- 2 cheetah cubs born using surrogate mother at Ohio zoo
- Judge denies dismissal of Rockford man’s murder trial
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Auto mechanics warn of technicians shortage as younger people shy away from the industry
- Rockford student becomes first to win state speech championship in 57 years
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.