(CNN) — If you have a hard time carving a jack-o-lantern for Halloween, you should try doing it underwater.
A creative group of scuba divers competed in an annual pumpkin carving contest in the waters off Key Largo, Florida Saturday.
Nearly two dozen artists, working in teams of two, used dive knives and carving tools.
They were about 30 feet deep near a coral reef.
The big challenge: keeping the naturally buoyant pumpkins from floating away while they carved them.
Two divers from Detroit took first place.
Their jack-o-lanterns showed two eels around a heart.
The winners received a free dive trip in Key Largo.
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness
- Skipper’s Skin Care Has A Natural, Organic Product For Everyone In Your Family
- The Upcoming National Fossil Day Warrants A Visit To Burpee Museum
- Dr. Shah Has A Dental Implant Solution For You
- GDS Talks Quiz Bowl Over Coffee With Eric Wilson
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.