(WTVO) — Facebook and Instagram have quietly updated their community standards, and can ban a user for using an eggplant and peach emoji in a sexual manner.
According to the New York Post, pairing the two emoji with any expression of “being horny,” according to Out.com, qualifies as “Sexual Solicitation.” Use of the emojis can get a user’s account flagged or removed.
“We aren’t taking action on simply the emojis. [Content] will only be removed from Facebook and Instagram if it contains a sexual emoji alongside an implicit or indirect ask for nude imagery, sex or sexual partners, or sex chat conversations,” Instagram told The Post.
The new standards were updated in July but didn’t go into effect until September.
- IceHogs Fly By Wolves in 4-1 Victory in 2021 Home Finale
- OSF doctor wants to raise epilepsy awareness
- Rockford Police end standoff with armed suspect peacefully
- LIST: Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Publix to drop mask requirements
- Lutheran’s Habedank, Weavel sign letters of intent to compete in college