(WTVO) — Weight Watchers is released a new app geared specifically towards kids as young as eight, and it is stirring some controversy.
It’s designed to use a traffic light system, red, yellow and green, to assist kids to make better decisions on what they put into their systems.
Kurbo has published success stories on their website, like 15-year old Manny who lost 46 pounds and Sami who said she lost 11 pounds, ABC 7 said.
Nutritionists who don’t agree with the traffic light rating system on food are opposing the app because chicken is rated as a yellow light and possible danger food.
ABC 7 reported that there are also commentators who fear the app could lead to difficult relationships with food and eating disorders.
Weight Watchers said Kurbo is “an evidence-based weight management program based on research.”
- Feeling like Fall Just in Time for the Fall Equinox
- Vaping industry: Stop blaming us, start blaming illegal e-liquids
- Transgender group’s birth certificate suit advances in Ohio
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: Border Wall in San Diego