MENOMONIE, Wis. (WTVO) — A 20-year-old Wisconsin base-jumper was arrested Thursday for criminal trespassing after his parachute became entangled on a radio tower guy wire.
The Menomonie Police Department said they were called to 1020 Meadow Hill Drive at 8:37 a.m. where a subject had become entangled on the Charter Communications tower.
Police said Mason Barth called 911 for assistance after his parachute became caught about 50 feet off the ground after he was attempting to base jump off the structure.
Rescue teams were able to free him around 9:34 a.m.
Barth was arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass to Property.+
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen