MENOMONIE, Wis. (WTVO) — A 20-year-old Wisconsin base-jumper was arrested Thursday for criminal trespassing after his parachute became entangled on a radio tower guy wire.
The Menomonie Police Department said they were called to 1020 Meadow Hill Drive at 8:37 a.m. where a subject had become entangled on the Charter Communications tower.
Police said Mason Barth called 911 for assistance after his parachute became caught about 50 feet off the ground after he was attempting to base jump off the structure.
Rescue teams were able to free him around 9:34 a.m.
Barth was arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass to Property.+
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020