MENOMONIE, Wis. (WTVO) — A 20-year-old Wisconsin base-jumper was arrested Thursday for criminal trespassing after his parachute became entangled on a radio tower guy wire.
The Menomonie Police Department said they were called to 1020 Meadow Hill Drive at 8:37 a.m. where a subject had become entangled on the Charter Communications tower.
Police said Mason Barth called 911 for assistance after his parachute became caught about 50 feet off the ground after he was attempting to base jump off the structure.
Rescue teams were able to free him around 9:34 a.m.
Barth was arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass to Property.+
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year