MENOMONIE, Wis. (WTVO) — A 20-year-old Wisconsin base-jumper was arrested Thursday for criminal trespassing after his parachute became entangled on a radio tower guy wire.
The Menomonie Police Department said they were called to 1020 Meadow Hill Drive at 8:37 a.m. where a subject had become entangled on the Charter Communications tower.
Police said Mason Barth called 911 for assistance after his parachute became caught about 50 feet off the ground after he was attempting to base jump off the structure.
Rescue teams were able to free him around 9:34 a.m.
Barth was arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass to Property.+
- Poplar Grove brothers with Down syndrome start their own business
- Trump calls for GOP unity, says he won’t start new party
- Texas attorney general sues power company over storm’s high energy bills
- Gas prices rise to almost $3 a gallon in Rockford
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant