STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — A South Dakota woman who recently gave birth to triplets says she didn’t find out about her pregnancy until she went to the hospital with what she thought were kidney stones.
KOTA-TV reports Dannette Giltz, of Sturgis, gave birth to the healthy triplets on Aug. 10.
Giltz says that despite having two other children, she did not know she was 34 weeks pregnant. She says that when she started having pains, she thought it was from kidney stones, which she has had before. Doctors told her she was actually in labor — with multiple babies.
The triplets were born within four minutes. Each weighed about 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms).
The babies’ names are Blaze, Gypsy and Nikki.
- Feeling like Fall Just in Time for the Fall Equinox
- Vaping industry: Stop blaming us, start blaming illegal e-liquids
- Transgender group’s birth certificate suit advances in Ohio
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: Border Wall in San Diego
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.