LAKE WORTH BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman got a colorful but unwanted surprise when she picked up her dog from a grooming session.
The Palm Beach Post reports Graziella Puleo’s Goldendoodle named Lola was scheduled for a buzz cut and teeth cleaning recently at a Lake Worth grooming center. When Puleo picked up the dog, its eyebrows and tail were shaved and dyed neon green, and its ears were neon pink.
The dog’s underside was left pink from the close cut, which caused an infection that had to be treated by a vet.
Amore’s Pet Salon Dog Grooming Day Care Boarding Spa owner Raquel Adams says they thought Lola was “missing something” and wanted to “beautify” the dog. Adams says the dyed areas could be easily trimmed with scissors.
- Cubs decline option year on Lester’s contract
- Halloween Warmup Won’t Stick Around
- Belvidere Chamber holds ‘trunk or treat’ so kids don’t miss out on Halloween fun
- Event donates coats, hats, gloves to homeless Rockford veterans
- In latest border-wall ceremony before election, DHS leader commemorates 400th mile