Wind blows beehive onto woman’s head


A scary moment for an Arizona woman Monday afternoon. 

Authorities say a heavy wind blew a beehive on top of her head, causing her to be stung more than two dozen times. 

The picture shows a massive beehive in front of a Tempe home daycare Monday morning and just hours later, a serious cause of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

“Walking up to the house and with my wonderful luck the second I got out of my car and walk under it, it falls on my head… it fell directly on my head I heard it explode on my head.”

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, says during the storm, a huge gust of wind happened to blow as she was walking up to pick her son up from daycare, and when the hive landed on top of her head, she says she was stung over 30 times. 

“My head, my shoulders, my arms, my fingers.”

She says she rushed inside to the shower and immediately took Benadryl, and the fire department foamed the hive and the front of the home to protect anyone else, especially since an elementary school was about to let out students nearby. 

The woman was taken to the hospital to be checked out, but she’s now recovering and says she’s thankful it wasn’t her son. 

“I’m happy that I’m not allergic, I’m glad it didn’t happen to somebody who was, so I’m okay with it happening to me.”

No one else was injured in connection to this incident. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories