ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday, Winnebago County Health Department officials confirmed two additional COVID-19 related deaths in the county. The county also announced 32 additional confirmed cases of the virus, bringing the county total to 1,993.
35 of the 54 total COVID-19 deaths in the county occurred in residents who were living in congregate settings.
A total of 21,425 tests have been distributed across the county, 15,406 of which have come back negative. There are still currently 4,026 tests with pending results.
Officials say 600 people in the county have recovered from the virus.
- BLM launches Survival Fund to assist those in need waiting for federal pandemic relief
- Amid pandemic, flu all but disappears in US
- Rockford area High School basketball scores for Wednesday, February 24
- England leads Lena-Winslow past Scales Mound
- Rochelle Hubs come up short in upset bid against Ottawa Township