ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Board voted to support a casino along the I-90 corridor at Thursday night’s meeting.
The vote passed 13-5.
Machesney Park’s Village Board already voted to support a casino along I-90.
The decision is ultimately in the hands of the Illinois Gaming Board and the City of Rockford..
Proposals from casinos to build a location in Rockford are due by 2 p.m. on August 30th.
Hard Rock International has said it wants to build a casino at the site of the former Clock Tower Resort, which also has the support of the Rockford Park District.
Construction firm Gorman & Company wants to develop a riverfront casino and aquarium in downtown Rockford.
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds daily Illinois coronavirus briefing for Friday, December 4th
- LIVE: President-elect Biden addresses November jobs report
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Second arrest made in car-to-car shooting incident, assault-style rifle recovered