ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Board voted to support a casino along the I-90 corridor at Thursday night’s meeting.
The vote passed 13-5.
Machesney Park’s Village Board already voted to support a casino along I-90.
The decision is ultimately in the hands of the Illinois Gaming Board and the City of Rockford..
Proposals from casinos to build a location in Rockford are due by 2 p.m. on August 30th.
Hard Rock International has said it wants to build a casino at the site of the former Clock Tower Resort, which also has the support of the Rockford Park District.
Construction firm Gorman & Company wants to develop a riverfront casino and aquarium in downtown Rockford.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80