ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — In the last week alone, 783 cases of the flu were reported in Winnebago County.
The Winnebago County Health Department reported the new statistics on Friday. Of the near 800 cases, more than 500 were in kids 17 and younger.
Since the start of October, just over 2,500 cases have been seen in the county.
Health experts say the best defense against the flu is the flu shot. They also recommend to remember the “3 C’s:” Clean, Cover, and Contain.
To view the full data, click here.
- Rock County officials ask Trump to cancel Janesville appearance, citing COVID-19 surge
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- NASA’s new $23 million titanium space toilet ready to blast off for testing
- ‘Murder Hornet’ sightings confirmed in Washington State
- ‘He was best at unconditional love’: Obit for Charlie the golden retriever goes viral