ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Treasurer says it is delaying the due date for real estate property taxes until Monday, June 22 because most banks are closing early in recognition of Juneteenth on Friday, June 19th.
The office will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, but says the official due date has been extended to Monday.
On Monday, the Treasurer’s Office will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Juneteenth marks the anniversary of June 19th, 1865, the day Union soldiers landed in Galveston, Texas and proclaimed that slavery had ended and the Civil War was over.
JPMorgan Chase, PNC Financial Services, Associated Bank, U.S. Bank, First Third and others announced Wednesday that they will close early Friday.
- QAnon’s ‘Save the Children’ morphs into popular slogan
- Illinois student suspended over pellet gun seen in virtual classroom
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- White House lists ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ as an accomplishment