The University of Wisconsin’s Population Health Institute released their annual rankings of the health of nearly every county across the country.
The rankings looked at a variety of factors, including poverty, education, transportation, housing, violent crime, access to medical care and more.
Locally, Winnebago ranked at 88th healthiest out of 102 counties in Illinois.
Here are some of the statistics out of Winnebago County:
- 7,800 premature deaths (Illinois average: 6,300)
- Rank of quality of life: 98 (out of 102 counties)
- Adult obesity: 32% (Illinois average: 27%)
- Rank of social & economic factors: 100 (out of 102 counties)
- Violent crime: 890 (Illinois average: 430)
On the positive side, Winnebago County ranked as the 31st best county when it came to clinical care.
The healthiest area county on the list was McHenry, which came in at #4. DuPage County was ranked the healthiest.
To look at the complete health breakdown of Winnebago County, as well as the ranking of the rest of Illinois’ counties, click here.