ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Health Department confirmed 5 additional deaths related to COVID-19 on Saturday. Two previous deaths were reported on Wednesday.
Saturday’s update brings the total number of deaths to 59 in the county and 2,196 COVID-19 cases.
County hospitals currently have 219 available medical beds and 54 ICU beds unoccupied.
A total of 706 COVID-19 patients have recovered from the virus.
- Dog mauls toddler to death at Fourth of July party
- Johnny Depp sues tabloid newspaper for article calling him a “wife beater”
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine