ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Health Department confirmed 5 additional deaths related to COVID-19 on Saturday. Two previous deaths were reported on Wednesday.
Saturday’s update brings the total number of deaths to 59 in the county and 2,196 COVID-19 cases.
County hospitals currently have 219 available medical beds and 54 ICU beds unoccupied.
A total of 706 COVID-19 patients have recovered from the virus.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision