MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday around 4:10 p.m., deputies with the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office responded to an apartment complex near the 1100 block of Minns Drive in Machesney Park.
The Winnebago County Chief Deputy Rick Ciganek confirmed three people were found dead inside an apartment.
“This just doesn’t happen very often anywhere–it’s a tragedy. It shouldn’t happen in any neighborhood,” Chief Deputy Ciganek said.
Chief Deputy Rick Ciganek added there will be further details released on Thursday as they are working on contacting family members after the tragic incident.
Officers say there is no threat to the community but it still left neighbors worried.
“Now recently I’ve been pretty worried about what’s going on around here, I just feel like I’m not being told everything in order to feel safe,” said one nearby resident, Lauren Franco.
It is not clear at this time if foul play was involved.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Monday, March 1, 2021
- Rockford fire crews respond to fire in detached garage
- Blame game: Krishnamoorthi’s office urged Pritzker to blame slow vaccine rollout on ‘Trump hangover’
- Dakota boys shut down by COVID; girls lose to Stockton and Timpe
- A chilly start to Meteorological Spring, but warmth soon returns