(WTVO) — A Wisconsin man heard there was a nationwide coin shortage and did his part by cashing in his spare change--20 years worth.
WISN reports that Jim Holton of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin had been collecting change and decided to let the collection grow until his youngest child graduated high school. However, when he heard on the radio about the nationwide coin shortage caused by the pandemic, he took action and headed to the bank.
Holton carried away a total of $5,366 in cash. He plans to put it towards his children’s college fund.
Many banks are running specials that exchange coins for cash for free.
- World’s last Blockbuster becomes Airbnb rental
- 1996 Alaska cold case closed after Arkansas man’s DNA is a match
- Three anonymous Belvidere FCA Assembly Plant workers voice concerns about COVID-19 policies
- Belvidere parents, teachers relieved after district’s decision to push start, go virtual
- Rockford police respond to hit-and-run crash on E. State Street