MADISON, Wis. (WTVO) — A team of military members are working behind the scenes to distribute personal protective equipment across Wisconsin. The soldiers work in a warehouse, partnered with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to sort, pack, and transport PPE throughout the state.
Additionally, the Wisconsin National Guard is assisting isolation facilities with medical and administrative support.
Most of the troops called to duty needed to leave their civilian jobs to join the fight against COVID-19.
- 26-year-old suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Marsh Avenue
- Rockford PD: Officer involved shooting, 19-year-old subject injured
- Illinois could expand infertility care definition to include LGBTQ parents under new proposal
- Capitol Connection: Sunday, April 11th, 2021
- Illinois hotel revenue dropped 80% during ‘devastating’ pandemic closures, industry lobbyist says