DEKALB COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office responded to a roll-over crash near Perry and Howison Road in the Afton Township Friday night. Officials say the call came in around 10:30 p.m.
Only one vehicle was involved in the accident, a 2007 Saturn ION.
First responders found 38-year-old Peggy Villarreal and a 13-month-old baby girl inside the car. They were both transported to Northern Kishwaukee with non-life threatening injuries.
After investigating the crash, police charged Villarreal with Improper Lane Usage, Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid a Crash, Driving under the Influence of Drugs, and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
Villarreal was arrested and released with a future court date.
- NASCAR team to pay tribute for former Loves Park man
- Stillman Valley coach Lalor reacts to ‘Return to Play’ decision/guidelines
- Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in Rockford, urge peaceful protests
- Curran’s Orchard opening early after turned away from Rockford City Market