ATLANTA, Ga. (WTVO) — Former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead in Georgia widened by a margin of 4,263 votes Friday afternoon after 7,000 ballots were entered in Gwinnett County.
Currently, Biden has 2,455,433 (49.4%) and President Trump has 2,451,170 (49.3%).
Earlier, the two candidates were approximately 1,000 votes apart, a margin which would result in a recount.
Election officials in Georgia say the vote count could continue into Saturday.
- Biden welcomes Japan’s prime minister as China watches
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
- Daunte Wright’s family demands more severe charges for ex-cop
- Can my employer legally ask if I received the COVID-19 vaccine?
- ‘It’s everything we’ve been saying’: Opponents react to fraud charges tied to private border wall