ATLANTA, Ga. (WTVO) — Former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead in Georgia widened by a margin of 4,263 votes Friday afternoon after 7,000 ballots were entered in Gwinnett County.
Currently, Biden has 2,455,433 (49.4%) and President Trump has 2,451,170 (49.3%).
Earlier, the two candidates were approximately 1,000 votes apart, a margin which would result in a recount.
Election officials in Georgia say the vote count could continue into Saturday.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency