ATLANTA, Ga. (WTVO) — Former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead in Georgia widened by a margin of 4,263 votes Friday afternoon after 7,000 ballots were entered in Gwinnett County.
Currently, Biden has 2,455,433 (49.4%) and President Trump has 2,451,170 (49.3%).
Earlier, the two candidates were approximately 1,000 votes apart, a margin which would result in a recount.
Election officials in Georgia say the vote count could continue into Saturday.
- Chauvin to be arraigned for alleged civil rights violation
- States learning how many Afghan evacuees coming their way
- Gabby Petito case: What we know about the 22-year-old’s disappearance
- ‘Full of bad spirits’: Man accused of throwing girl off balcony believed she was a demon, police say
- Proposal to close ‘tax gap’ could give IRS more information about your bank account