(CNN) — The Atlanta Braves organization say it’s not changing the team name.
The Major League Baseball team said in a statement Monday, the Braves, “honor, respect and value the Native American community.”
They said the team has had conversations with several Native American communities and as a result, “changing the name of the Braves is not under consideration or deemed necessary.”
However, the team said an advisory group is reviewing the “tomahawk chop” an arm movement done by fans at home games.
The announcement comes as the Washington Redskins announced a name change.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19