(WTVO) — It was on December 3rd, 1985 that the Chicago Bears released the song which would earn them the distinction of being the only football team nominated for a Grammy Award — “The Super Bowl Shuffle”.
According to Wikipedia, the “Super Bowl Shuffle” lost to Prince’s “Kiss” for “Best R&B Performance”.
The “Super Bowl Shuffle” was released 3 month before the team’s win at Super Bowl XX, and peaked at #41 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten’s last unbeaten falls as race to the top tightens
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Rockford Police Department swears in 11 new recruits
- Belvidere school administrators receive top honors
- Police arrest alleged Rockford drug dealer