ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — NBA superstar Kevin Durant had good things to say about Rockford’s NBA Champion Fred Van Vleet during a radio interview on Tuesday.
While on New York City’s HOT 97’s Ebro in the Morning show, Durant – who faced Van Vleet during the NBA Finals, said younger players should look to Van Vleet as an inspiration.
“As an undrafted player, a lot of young guys should be looking at Fred VanVleet,” Durant said. “VanVleet is gonna be in the league for a long, long time. However long he wanna play, he gonna play.”
Van Vleet took the compliment in stride, tweeting out that it meant a lot, coming from “one of the greatest of all time.”
With the Golden State Warriors, Durant faced off against Van Vleet’s Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Finals.
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East dominates Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere