ROCKFORD, Ill (WTVO) — The Rockford IceHogs have been forced to cancel games as the American Hockey League announced Thursday that they would be suspending play in an effort to contain the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
In a statement, the league said, “With the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans of primary importance, the American Hockey League has announced the suspension of play until further notice, effective immediately, due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The AHL will continue to monitor developments and will provide updates on the 2019-20 season at the appropriate time.”
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Rockford man arrested on murder charges after May 4th deadly shooting
- Rockford crews respond quickly after trailer fire near Sandy Hollow Road
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room