ROCKFORD, Ill (WTVO) — The Rockford IceHogs have been forced to cancel games as the American Hockey League announced Thursday that they would be suspending play in an effort to contain the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
In a statement, the league said, “With the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans of primary importance, the American Hockey League has announced the suspension of play until further notice, effective immediately, due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The AHL will continue to monitor developments and will provide updates on the 2019-20 season at the appropriate time.”
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland