CHICAGO (WGN) — Wrigley Field has been designated as a National Historic Landmark, the Chicago Cubs announced Thursday.
In a tweet, the team said “Wrigley Field has been designated as a National Historic Landmark, affirming its significance to the city of Chicago, professional sports and American history and culture. A Hall of Fame recognition that will preserve the Friendly Confines for generations of fans to come.”
Cubs’ ownership applied for the federal status seven years ago, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland