PHOENIX (AP) — Major League Baseball hasn’t always been at the forefront of the social justice movement in recent years. Leagues like the NBA and NFL have usually been more visible.
But that might be changing in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis.
Baseball has the American sports world largely to itself for the next week because of a coronavirus-altered schedule. Several players and coaches have spoken out about racial injustice.
Giants manager Gabe Kapler and several players also knelt during the national anthem.
- Rockford Rivets hopeful of resuming their season on Thursday
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns
- Miss Carly’s and staff gets a well deserved makeover!