SANFORD, Fla. (AP/CNN) — A Florida boy who called 911 to report he was hungry and wanted a pizza got a lesson in proper emergency call etiquette, but he also got a pie.
The Sanford Police Department said in a Facebook post that the hungry 5-year-old called 911 last Friday.
Three officers responded to the home in suburban Orlando for a well-being check. They met with the boy and his older sister, who told them they were fine and that her brother had used the phone without her knowledge.
The officers explained that the 911 system is only for emergencies. Then they went to Pizza Hut and brought a large pizza back to the house.
- LGBTQ history will now be included in school’s curriculum
- Islamic State claims bombing at Kabul wedding that killed 63
- 7 people shot at Snapchat house party in Texas
- Block party for Illinois woman’s 108th birthday
- High speed car chase leads to arrest in Janesville
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.