SANFORD, Fla. (AP/CNN) — A Florida boy who called 911 to report he was hungry and wanted a pizza got a lesson in proper emergency call etiquette, but he also got a pie.
The Sanford Police Department said in a Facebook post that the hungry 5-year-old called 911 last Friday.
Three officers responded to the home in suburban Orlando for a well-being check. They met with the boy and his older sister, who told them they were fine and that her brother had used the phone without her knowledge.
The officers explained that the 911 system is only for emergencies. Then they went to Pizza Hut and brought a large pizza back to the house.
- Well-coordinated thieves capitalize on protest chaos
- Summerfest 2020 canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Video shows Chicago police officer placing knee on woman’s neck in mall parking lot
- Illinois lawmakers seek emergency meeting of Legislature amid unrest
- Drew Brees apologizes for anthem comments after backlash from teammates, others
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.